Last week, First Data announced it would be launching the Clover Mini and Clover Flex in Germany and Austria. According to the company announcement, these devices are the first smart terminals of its kind that will be made available to business owners in these locations. This next generation technology will enable business owners to maximize efficiency, leverage data analytics and engage with their customers -all while bringing the latest in payment technology.
The Clover Mini and Clover Flex are bringing customized hardware and software solutions to businesses in the area. Customizations include gift card certification for the German market, accessories and customer support. Both devices accept a variety of payments including PIN, signature entry, NFC, EMV, and magnetic stripe transactions. Additional Clover Solutions can be integrated for a more seamless consumer experience.
“While powering businesses that range from coffee shops to major sports arenas, we’ve watched the Clover platform grow rapidly across the U.S. and the U.K.,” Michael Neborak, Executive Vice President, Head of the EMEA region at First Data, commented in the announcement. “Today we are delighted to launch two of Clover’s most popular solutions in Germany and Austria, making the next generation of payments technology available to our clients.”
Business owners can manage transactions, configurations and company data in real time through a portal accesible via a smartphone, tablet or computer. The Clover App Market will also be available, giving merchants the ability to select and download apps from a multitude of third party developers. German software developers can submit merchant-facing apps to the Clover App Market for potential inclusion.
The Clover Mini features:
- Front-facing camera that enables barcode and QR code reading
- Wi-Fi, 3G or Ethernet connectivity
- 7″ Antimicrobial Corning® Gorilla® Glass display screen
- Touchscreen PIN entry for card payment transactions
While some of the Clover Flex features are:
- Built-in receipt printer, 1D/2D barcode scanner and camera
- Long-lasting Lithium-ion battery that can support up to eight hours of business on a single charge
- On-screen electronic signature capture that can email, text and store digital receipts
- 5-inch, 720×1080 IPS LCD capacitive touch display for bright, crisp images
- Lightweight device weighing less than 500 grams
- Designed for the rigors of mobility through extensive reliability testing