First and foremost, search engine optimization still work. In fact, it is not going to stop working anytime soon. Based on the way search engines appear to be developing, it is not likely that SEO will cease to be effective any time in the future.
Here’s a list of reasons why your business should definitely consider investing in SEO:
- It is cost-effective. Compared to the costs associated with other forms of online marketing (such as pay per click advertising or buying leads for an email marketing program), SEO provides a pretty healthy return on your investment. Plus, marketing agencies charge hundreds, if not thousands to manage this for you.
- People are turning to online searches for validation. About 80-90% of people search for products and services online. Without organic SEO in place, people will have a very hard time finding you and will instead find your competitors.
- A rise of mobile users, causing an increase in local searches. The amount of traffic that goes to mobile devices is expected to exceed searches made on traditional desktops. With this drastic increase in mobile usage, a whole new world of effective, local SEO searches have opened up.
- Having healthy online presence. The bottom line is: not having healthy online content is damaging. Google and other engines change the way they look at websites; therefore, not keeping up with your profile is damaging to your business.
- Beat your competition. If you’re not moving forward and improving your SEO efforts, you’re losing ground to a competitor who is. Don’t let your competitors beat you by ignoring this valuable tool for your business.
TownTarget is a business directory that was created with the goal of organizing information about local businesses in a way that is more meaningful, accessible and usable by consumers and search engine algorithms. When a business lists its information on the directory, the outcome is a dramatic increase in visibility for all of the linked content and information in local search results along with the TownTarget profile. Have TownTarget help you with your SEO efforts.